Page 1: Background and Consent
You have come to the survey for medical students studying in the Republic of Ireland.
If you are studying in the United Kingdom please go to:
The University of Bristol is studying medical students’ experiences of distressing comments/behaviour from patients whilst on clinical placements, to inform the development of novel teaching to equip and empower students.
If you have not already done so, please read the participant information sheet, which can be found online here: https://gerismeded.blogs.bristol.ac.uk/stomp-participant-information/
This study is being done as part of a PhD Fellowship by Dr Grace Pearson at the University of Bristol. This work is funded by The Dunhill Medical Trust and supported by the University of Bristol and the following national organisations:
- The Royal College of Physicians
- The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists
- The Royal College of Radiologists
- The Royal College of Pathologists
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
In order to maximise recruitment to our study we are disseminating this survey via various channels. As a result, you may receive the same invitation more than once. We would ask that you only complete the questionnaire once.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that participation in this study is voluntary.
- I understand that my participation in this study will not affect my relationship with my University in any way.
- I understand that my information will be kept fully anonymous, unless I opt in to participate in the qualitative study, in which case my questionnaire responses will be pseudo-anonymously linked to my focus group/interview responses via a Study ID number.
- I understand that I will remain anonymous in any report on this data.
- I understand that my data will be collected and stored securely, safely and in accordance with The Data Collection Act (1998) and GDPR.
By clicking ‘I agree’ you are consenting to participate in this study and the questionnaire will begin on the next page